Sunday, March 15, 2009

RFL Clothing Fair opens tomorrow!

I hope you've prepared yourself, got your running shoes on, stuffed your wallet full of linden and have your best no prim outfit laid out on the bed to wear because tomorrow morning at 10am SLT the Relay for Life Clothing Fair opens to the public!





I am participating in the RFL Clothing Fair again this year and you can teleport to my shop on Sim #8 by clicking on this SLURL.




My new outfit, Victoria (in red, picture above), will ONLY be available at the RFL Clothing Fair this week and all proceeds from the sale will be donated to the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. After the fair closes it will be available at my main location at Dream On Bay.

I think there are very few people who have not had the spectre of cancer touch them or their family in some way. My family is no different. The most recent being my stepdad who was diagnosed with cancer about four weeks ago and had surgery to remove a very large tumor about a week ago. It is beyond stressful for the victim as well as their family and friends to go through the process of diagnosis, testing and finally, treatment. I am sure many of you know this well.

They removed a tumor the size of a basketball (25 pounds!), and the kidney it was attached to, from my stepdad's abdomen. The prognosis is good, there was no spread, so we count ourselves very lucky that his recovery should go well. Other families are not always so lucky and I feel it is important for me to show my support by doing the small things I can do, including participating in the Relay for Life program in Second Life.

I hope many of you will join me in celebrating life by shopping til we drop and doing what we can to support finding a cure for cancer. Until there's a cure... let's Relay!

No comments: